Hibiki's Lounge

Take a seat, rest your feet, enjoy a cup of hot coffee!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Motherboard warranty means no PC for next Trimester

After having my lunch in town (Masjid Tanah, of course)... i went to the shop where I bought my Nokia 6630... one of my friend works there... so I ask him to check out my phone... I was unable to delete a folder from my memory card... and that shop have a memory card reader, so I ask for his help... so we chat while he was doing me a favor... the moment he re-insert the MMC card in to my handphone, it rang! I though it was I joke form him... so it didn't really triggered my reflects... but 3 seconds later, I realise it was real a phone call... so I pick up and answer... that's when the bad news arrived..!!!

"Is this Mr. Ang?"
"Yes"
"We are from XXX PC shop... we've inspected the PC u've sent over... and found out that the ASUS motherboard CMOS is corrupted... so we need to send it for warranty claim..."
"Oh ok... so how long would it take...?"
"Erm... about one to two months..."
"Huh?!" I noded "Where are you going to send it to?"
"Taiwan... the factory is in Taiwan" This really kick my nerves...
"Don't they have any service centers in Malaysia?"
"No. we need to send it to Taiwan."
"Then can I get or rent a motherboard until my board gets back."
"No. Unless u wanna buy a new one..." and he started intro-ing the motherboard they have...
"How much is the cheapest one ??"
"Erm... let me see..." he starts asking for the cheapest board "170...."
and it's from a brand that I had never heard before...
"Ok. so u just sent my motherboard over for repairs... I'll go pick-up my CPU later... thx"

What good does a CPU without a motherboard??? haha... not funny... that means I won't be having my PC until my next trimester break!!!! Wah lau... then wat to do... unless I buy a new motherboard... well, this is when my endurance is challenged!!! Surviving university life without a PC... interesting... if I'm still alive.. i think i'll be bored to death!!!! God help me!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home